[jazz] Ross Stanley presents A Tribute to Michael Brecker
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
A Tribute to Michael Brecker
ROSS STANLEY organ; PAUL BOOTH tenor sax; CHRIS ALLARD guitar; ANDREW BAIN drums
Time Is Of The Essence was Michael Brecker’s 4th album as a leader…Ross Stanley leads an all-star band that pay tribute to one of the most influential sax players since John Coltrane and Wayne Shorter.
Michael Brecker was a first call studio session musician, who often appeared backing pop singers, which led some jazz listeners to overlook his formidable improvisational skills. In 1969 he moved to New York and joined Dreams, an early fusion group. He was with Horace Silver during 1973-74, whilst also gigging with Billy Cobham and formed / co-led the Brecker Brothers (a commercially successful funk group) with his brother, trumpeter Randy Brecker, for most of the ’70’s. He was with Steps (later Steps Ahead) in the early ’80’s and played with countless pop and jazz legends throughout the ’80’s / ’90’s. Altogether, he appeared on over 700 albums!
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor