Sunday Afternoon Jazz – A Sketch of Chet
Kick back & relax with our Sunday afternoon jazz & meze sessions…
Dining from 12pm
Performance 1-3pm (with interval)
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
A Sketch of Chet
Chet Baker burst onto the scene when he successfully auditioned for Charlie Parker, much to the chagrin of Dizzy and Miles. Before long, he’d found his trademark sound of lyrical, thoughtful trumpet playing and of course that distinctive, close-mic’d, sultry singing, exemplified on the veritable classic Chet Baker Sings LP.
Simon Paterson (vocals, bass), Thom Whitworth (trumpet) and Paul Deats (piano) provide their take on the canon of repertoire that Chet made his own, including well-loved songs by George Gershwin, Hoagy Carmichael, Jimmy Van Heusen, Rogers and Hart, Jerome Kern and many more.
“We took some friends to eat and see the Chet Baker session last Sunday lunchtime and we were completely blown away with it. The line up was a complete inspiration. The performance was up there with the best I’ve ever seen, brilliant timing and interpretation…such skilful musicians. We hope that the session is repeated. The food was as exquisite as usual…” – Customer on TripAdvisor
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor